1. Can you tell us how long you've been stamping, and what inspired you to start?
I tried once about 20 years ago. However, I was trying to emboss and to this day I consider myself "embossing impaired"! I didn't try it again until I went to a Stampin' Up Party with a friend about 10 years ago. I still didn't stamp a lot until I became a demonstrator with The Angel Company about 6 years ago.
2. How did you find StampingBella stamps?
Splitcoaststampers.com - I've learned so much there and spent so much as a result! ;-)
3. What is your favorite color combination and coloring medium?
I absolutely LOVE to color! My favorite combination is anything that involves pink, my absolute *favorite* color. I love my Copic markers, but since my collection is limited I still rely on my trusty 128 color Prismacolor pencil set. I just bought a set of Kohr-i-nor pencils and am having fun trying them out, too.
4. What is your favorite tip or trick to share with new stampers? (can be more than one)
Have more than one kind of ink. I find rubber stamps and acrylic stamps don't always "like" the same ink.
If coloring doesn't come natural to you, practice, find online tutorials and discover which coloring medium you like the best. The most beautiful image with the most beautiful papers and fanciest embellishments loses a lot if it's not colored in nicely. (If coloring is really not your thing, there are a lot of great solid images out there, too.)
Paper "stacks" are great ways to save time and be sure that your papers all coordinate.
Try to have a variety of embellishments. If you have stamping friends, split the embellishments and their cost among you.
Read stamping blogs and join stamping groups/lists. You will learn SO much from more experienced stampers and get all kinds of inspiration from stampers of all levels.
5. If you could be any Bella stamp, what would it be and why?
Well, coincidentally there is a Lisabella stamp. At the moment, though, I am trying to lose weight, so I would be Weightwatchabella wanting to be one of those ice cream eating Sweetybellas! (Em really needs to create a Chocolateabella, don't you think?)
6. What is the one item in your craft room you can't live without?
Just one? Hmmmm... My cutter. I can't cut a straight line to save my life.
7. Do you have a Bella name? If not, and if you did, what would it be?
8. Any general information you would like to share - if you've ever been published, been on a design team, etc.
I've been published several times in The Rubber Stamp magazine and in The Angel Company catalog. I'm currently on the DigiStamp Boutique design team.'s our interview with our wonderful Featurebella, Lisa Thompson. Enjoy!